There Used To Be Clocks Here

BlogPoll: Week Seven

Come and join the band!

Well, sort of.

Apparently this blog is carrying some modicum of a readership. Whether that is a good thing or not, I'm not exactly sure. Time will tell, I suppose.

Anyways, since people are reading this virtual rag, it may as well become interactive. As such, I've decided, on the sage advice of Glaude Disciple Collin Long, to open up my BlogPoll ballot to comments and revisions. On Monday afternoons, I'll post my ballot and comments may be made via the comment link below the essay. So, feel free to leave a note as to why I'm an idiot and I'll consider it before submitting my final ballot.

There is one concrete rule I have for comments and revisions to my ballot: Do not, under any circumstance, compare it to the AP or Harris Poll.

The purpose of the BlogPoll is to find out what the college football blog community thinks about college pigskin, not what college football blog writers think about what print and television journalists think about football.

[Games I Took In This Week]
Connecticut v. Syracuse
West Virginia v. Rutgers
Oklahoma v. Texas
Minnesota v. Michigan
Georgia v. Tennessee

[Ballot]
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Week Four
Week Five
Week Six

BlogPoll Central

[Notes About This Week's Ballot]
I know, the backend of this ballot is a piece of work.

Do I really think Connecticut is a Top 25 team? I'm not exactly sure.

Why haven't I moved up BC in what seems like forever? I'm not exactly sure.

I'm still not exactly sure where Penn State goes, but I know that they needed to rise from last week.

UCLA might not be #13, but who else goes in front of them?

I'm still clinging onto Fresno when I probably shouldn't. But until they prove otherwise, I'm locking them into the bottom 10 of the ballot.

BlogPoll: Week Five
RankTeamRecordPreviousValue
1.Southern California5-01
2.Texas5-02
3.Virginia Tech6-03
4.Georgia5-06
5.Louisiana State3-17
6.Notre Dame4-18
7.Miami (FL)4-19
8.Alabama5-011
9.Penn State6-022
10.Texas Tech5-010
11.Florida5-112
12.Florida State5-013
13.UCLA5-014
14.Louisville4-118
15.Michigan State4-120
16.Ohio State3-24
17.Tennessee 3-25
18.Boston College5-121
19.Auburn4-125
20.Fresno State3-124
21.California5-115
22.Oregon5-1NR
23.Minnesota5-1NR
24.Connecticut4-1NR
25.Colorado4-1

NR

5 Responses to “BlogPoll: Week Seven”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    You need to rub out that boner you have over Texas Tech and realize they do not belong in the Top 10. Seriously, having them sitting above both Alabama and Penn State? Please tell me how wins over FIU (a few years into D-1) and two D-1AA's trumps Penn State's quality wins over #18 Minnesota and #6 Ohio State.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't think you can legitimately claim you took in the UCONN vs. Syracuse affair. Just because you bought a ticket and showed up doesn't mean you actually saw the game.  

  3. # Blogger Hoya Suxa

    First, on Texas Tech.

    Is it fair to slam Tech because they haven't played anyone, yet have handled all their competition? Sure, PSU and 'Bama have some nice wins, but is it enough to trump a Tech team that scores about a zillion points a game? I'll feel more confident about moving Tech down after they lose to somebody.

    Second, my attendance at the game Friday. You're probably right, but I saw enough to know that the Orange stink.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Any D-1 team (sans SU) will score a million points when they play teams like Indiana State and Sam Houston. Don't let deceiving stats fool you. Texas Tech has been one of the most high-powered offenses since 2001, always in the top 10 scoring offenses in the country by season's end. Why should they instantly get respect this year for the same shit they have been doing for 5 years or longer? I'm just not biting.  

  5. # Blogger Hoya Suxa

    Ballot went final with only one change - moving Texas Tech down from 8 to 10.

    I'm still not convinced that Penn State and Alabama should move ahead of Tech solely because Tech has played a poor schedule.

    However, since the marginal utility between 8 and 10 is negligible, I suppose I could temper my love of Tech for at least one week until they begin to move into their Big XII schedule.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea