There Used To Be Clocks Here

The Weekend Roundup OR Lax is Back!

The ladies needed support, so they got these folks.

Yeah there was that Georgetown game that happened. Yes, that was awesome. But there was more going on than just a men’s game this past weekend. For me, it was Sitrus Alumni Weekend, and it also happened to be a rarely seen three game weekend. I also attended the women’s basketball game and the season opener for the lacrosse team. Both teams are ranked which means you knew you were going to see some cool stuff, and sure enough the people in attendance did. First we start with the ladies.

Erica Morrow continues to lead the Orange with scoring as she dropped 19 on Notre Dame. She continues to be excellent on the floor for the orange. While I will not bore you with further details of this game, Syracuse had this game close with a superior team and was in the game until about a minute remaining. But really, I did not come for the basketball or the excellent sportsmanship. I came to heckle and we surely did. I, along with several of my closest college friends showed up, some in more clothes than others, and we proceeded to implement the Orange::44 Guide to Heckling Women’s Games. Vito, resident MXT was on hand and he continued to heckle like he never left. My good friend Jayme and I, who helped me assemble the guide, we were in rare form. Being that it was alumni weekend I got to do various alumni activities which included returning to my old habit of running the flags at the under four time out. I also got to visit with Brent Axe of The Axeman Bloggeth on Syracuse.com again. It is always good to talk some shop and I am glad he noticed my supreme flag carrying ability. Also, the picture above is full of professional hecklers and it was nice to see them go all out. From left to right; RJ, Jon, Scott, Jeff, and Watson. You might remember Scott from football season with a bag on his head. It was an excellent afternoon.

But the real game I went to see for the game itself was the opening game of the #9 Syracuse lacrosse team. They took on Villanova at home in a potential future Big East Conference game. Syracuse got off to an early start. Syracuse finished the first quarter up ten goals to zero. The big news of the game was that John Galloway started in goal over Pete Coluccini, and he made some great saves. Attackman Kenny Nims had a game high six goals. Yes that was SIX goals. Next was Dan Hardy wearing #22 with a hat trick. Mike Leveille led the assist category with four, and Danny Brennan led in ground balls with 11. He also went earned 17 of 23 face offs. Syracuse finished the game ahead of Villanova with a 21 to 6 victory. Syracuse is now 1-0 on the season, and has jumped from nine to eight in the polls.

Really, the offense looked off the chain and the defense looked much improved. Galloway looked good in goal, and Coluccini looked good in the second half, but really I think Galloway is the guy right now. This team will not be tested next week most likely, but Army could be tough so they cannot look past that team to the next game. As long as this team remains motivated and focused they can take on the big teams in the country and be competitive. Really, anything less than a return to the Final Four will be a disappointment I think, so the Orange need to remain ever vigilant so they do not lapse in judgment.

All in all it was an excellent weekend. I want to thank all the friends I saw for making it excellent. I especially wish to thank Anthony, Jayme, Vito, Erin and Melissa (OGMG). Enjoy the picture below of Vito. He really enjoys women’s basketball. The Louisville postgame will be out either later today or tomorrow. Sadly the outcome was not as good as Georgetown. Stay tuned and enjoy some lax action, as chances are they will win more games than the football team this season.

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “The Weekend Roundup OR Lax is Back!”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea