There Used To Be Clocks Here

Damn You City of Ithaca!

Is there a Job Award for lacrosse? Too soon?
While Matt is busy in Tax Land until after the 17th I'm the only one on the beat here at Orange::44. While I could not watch the game last night, I did listen to it on the radio. I must say it was an exciting game, until about... mmmm... like four seconds left on the clock. I hate losing to anyone from Ithaca, let alone Cornell.
I'm not usually the big lacrosse guy around here. I'm simply a fan of the game who enjoys watching it and likes going to Final Fours. For statistical analysis and a serious breakdown, you'll have to wait for Matt to be unburied from his desk. I will say this however, as good as well looked against the number one team in the nation it didn't quite matter in the end. We simply got out gassed when it counted. Huffing and puffing and losing by a goal.
I will say that Petey C had a great game in the goal, looking to stop everything thrown from Cornell's boomstick. He made some key saves, and looked extremely sharp when he had defensive help. Sadly, it sucks when you play the best game of your career and you lose.
I get the feeling that we will need to run the table of the remainder of the schedule to feel secure that we will even get a tournament bid. This is scary because SU Lacrosse has been good for like forever (the last 24 years, which is my lifetime). Let's hope the boys can get motivated, a little more conditioned, and ready to take out the teams remaining in their way.
As for the rest of us, I recommend a cold beer and maybe you should watch The Sheild or something on HBO to forget this game ever happened.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Damn You City of Ithaca!”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea