There Used To Be Clocks Here

Sunday Roundup

Everything you need to know following an interesting weekend in Orange Nation:

"Matt Glaude Streak of Defeat" Ceased
The streak lasted for almost four years and now it is history. With Syracuse's win yesterday against Connecticut, the butterfly effect that is my life as related to Syracuse University basketball is rendered moot.

Many may claim that the Orange's execution Saturday was the cause of the reversal in fortune. I, however, attribute the win to the following story:

Following Syracuse's defeat of Kansas, I, along with some friends, sauntered over to Pat O'Brien's to celebrate the most important moment in Orange history with gallons of hurricanes. At some point in the evening a bartender offered to purchase the "Real Men Wear Orange" shirt off of my back. Understanding that I had not washed that shirt in approximately four years, we negotiated a price and I went on my way.

Since that time I did not purchase another "Real Men Wear Orange" t-shirt. Over that period I failed to see Syracuse win a basketball game that I attended.

Until yesterday. When I bought a new "Real Men Wear Orange" shirt prior to the tilt.
So, in short, "you're welcome."

Greatest. Video. Ever.
If you do not watch this video, you are supporting the terrorists.

Syracuse Defeats Hobart, Hardy Crowned "Savior"
More will appear about this game tomorrow, but for now --
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The third-ranked Orange (1-0) scored four straight fourth-period goals to rally from an 11-10 deficit and defeat Hobart (0-1) by the score of 13-11 in the season opener for both teams on Sunday, Feb. 18 at the Carrier Dome. Sophomore attackman Dan Hardy scored two of SU’s final three goals during the game-clinching run. He tallied a personal-best five points in the contest (3g, 2a), including the first hat trick of his career.
At least the Orange won this year.

0 Responses to “Sunday Roundup”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea