There Used To Be Clocks Here

2007 Syracuse Recruiting Recap

Recruiting is vile, unyielding, and patently troubling.

Accordingly, the following are the only two quotes from Syracuse head coach Greg Robinson that merit space on this notebook:
On the possible disappointment of the recruiting class:
“I will say this, and maybe this is something I shouldn’t say it, but I will. If there was a disappointment, and you don’t get everybody, that’s part of recruiting that nobody gets everyone, I guarantee Florida didn’t get everybody they recruited, neither did Texas, nor did USC. Here, the biggest disappointment that I had was we had two young prospects whose fathers played at Syracuse. I felt like we recruited them very, very hard and it kind of felt like we were in a good position, but they ended up deciding not to come. That was very disappointing to me, but I guarantee you we’ll go right back out next year and I’ve already identified a prospect whose father played at Syracuse. We’re going to battle again, and we’re going to see if we can’t add another or two, or three. To me, if I had a disappointment, that’s probably what it was. It isn’t so much about the positions, I think we’re fine and I’m not concerned in that regard.”

On the recruiting needs being met:
“I think they were. Time will tell. You never know. You have all heard it and probably two thirds of the coaches have all made this statement today, but you really don’t know for a couple of years. I think you know after a period of time. Some of them take a little longer, but once you get them on the field and you work with them, you know that they’re going to help you somewhere down the road and that’s part of it. We’ll know next season where we are with this class, just like I think we know about last year’s class.”
A profile of the 26 future Syracuse Orange can be accessed here.

Labels:

0 Responses to “2007 Syracuse Recruiting Recap”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea