There Used To Be Clocks Here

Orange::44 Turns Three!

Come join me for celebrating the pointless!
A lot of things happen in March. I have been too busy to notice, but amongst the various events that happen in March is the anniversary of this notebook. Back in March of 2005, Matt Glaude, a graduate of the illustrious Syracuse University decided that the time was right, and the landscape was bare enough, to start a blog of interest. That blog, with the mission to “chronicle the daily disaster that is Syracuse Athletics”, was born. That blog you have come to know as Orange::44.

While Matt Glaude has now been departed for a while on to different and interesting endeavors, I carry that proud tradition on, admirably trying to be as creative and funny as my predecessor. While I realize that I am not nearly as entertaining, I hope you appreciate the quality of the product still present on the pages of this chronicle and how much effort goes into every article produced. While this may not be the best Syracuse blog, it was definitely the first, and there is something to be said for that. I thank you for joining us, whether you have been with us from the beginning or recently heard about us from visiting one of the orange colleagues you perhaps frequent. It has been my pleasure to write for this blog. Therapeutic, cathartic, and miserable are some other adjectives that come to mind on occasion as well. For that opportunity to write about something I greatly enjoy, while earning some respect from my colleagues and the audience, this endeavor has been most rewarding.
Last year I picked my favorite and most representative articles from the first two years. At the time I was picking from a pool of both authors. It is a little hard to judge just myself in the same way, as I have enjoyed so many moments. Therefore, I will decline to put out my favorites from this past year, and wait for a larger sample space to choose from. Perhaps next year. You can enjoy Matt Glaude’s two year anniversary article here, as well as my celebrating the pointlessness of our two year mark here. Regardless, I again hope you have enjoyed this space, and I thank you for allowing this notebook to enter your life in some small way, and that you were slightly informed or entertained at some point. Three years seems like a long time, but hopefully we are just getting started.

Labels:

8 Responses to “Orange::44 Turns Three!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Three years of a blog with no presented title and two years of old-school buttons.

    Now that's tradition.  

  2. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    Why change now. Nothing says awesome like a few old, yet slightly racist buttons atop a blog.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday Orange 44! No need for a name banner, just the buttons where you can see a bit of another to the right of the go go syracuse!

    You've done a nice job Brian. As much as we all love a crying child, it does get depressing after a while (even if it is true)  

  4. # Blogger Howie Mansfield

    Brian,

    Happy Birthday Orange::44! Truly a great addition to the Syracuse blog community. Keep up the great work and many, many more happy years ahead.

    --Sports Night with Howie Mansfield  

  5. # Blogger Poncho Sinatra

    Brian,

    Three years old? No wonder your site still smells of urine!

    Don't think you're to good for Beefeaters in Hanover Square now!

    Danny
    TheSportHump  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday big guy! May your podcast rule the blogosphere now that I'm bringing my dog and pony show to the radio.  

  7. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    Thanks to all the well wishers. I greatly appreciate it. You orange folks keep up the good work as well.  

  8. # Blogger Rush

    As relative newcombers, the idiots offer birthday wishes as well - don't weeze too hard blowing out the candles...  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea