There Used To Be Clocks Here

Announcement: Quell Your Discontent

Dear Unreasonably Impatient Reader,

Just call this a preemptive strike.

I've been working on a ton of stuff lately, mostly of the lacrosse-type. The process is taking longer than I originally anticipated and as a result, I've had to put some regular features on the back burner (namely, the Syracuse hoops previews with word counts north of 1,000).

So, don't expect a preview of the DePaul game. Instead, use these links and imagine how I would extrapolate the information and make your life more meaningful:

Syracuse Scouting Report
Syracuse Game Plan
DePaul Scouting Report
DePaul Game Plan

Now, with respect to the lacrosse-related material mentioned above. I started my Syracuse previews earlier this month (here) and they will likely conclude over the coming week. What you may not know is that I've managed to pull together enough information to create an extensive tempo-free analysis of the 2006 season.

And it's glorious.

If you're curious as to what the data looks like (and you probably don't), I've made available in Microsoft Excel format a spreadsheet of the information. In short, you'll find:
  • Tempo/pace data;
  • Offensive and defensive efficiency data; and
  • Shot data (sans shooting percentage because I drink gasoline and often become forgetful).

Basically, it's a comprehensive look at every team in 2006 (except Duke because the Blue Devils only played eight games). As far as I know, this is the only place on the internet where you can find and use such data, so it is pretty groundbreaking.

I'll eventually have an analysis ready, but it's taking forever to wade through the information and compose some reasonable thoughts.

Hugs and kisses,

Matt Glaude

0 Responses to “Announcement: Quell Your Discontent”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea