0 Comments Published on 3.16.2016 by Brian Harrison
One senior played well. The other... not so much.
Syracuse had it the closest they could and even had a chance to win it. Of course it didn't work out. Syracuse lost in a grinder to Pittsburgh, that saw major lead changes both ways, and a huge comeback that fell short. SU lost to Pittsburgh 72 to 71.
- Michael Gbinije lead the way with 24 points. He was 4-6 from distance. He also had 5 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Malachi Richardson chucked it up a lot, but he finished second with 13 points on 4-12, 2-4 shooting. He made a few big freshman mistakes out there.
- Speaking of freshman mistakes, Franklin Howard came in off the bench to play 18 minutes. He had five assists, but two turnovers, one of which practically sealed the game for Pittsburgh. Not quite, but close.
- Cooney was 3-8, 3-6 on the day, finishing with 9 points. He leads the league in missed tying or go ahead at the buzzer shots.
- Roberson was a non-factor with 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 fouls and 4 points.
- Syracuse shockingly lead in rebounding 31 to 30.