0 Comments Published on 3.08.2016 by Brian Harrison
In their last regular season game, one was a hero, one was a zero.
All Syracuse had to do was win and they were firmly in the NCAA Tournament. They had to beat a team they beat before. They had only lost to eventual ACC Champion by 5 on the road in their last game. So they should have taken care of business. So of course Syracuse didn't. They lost to Florida State 78 to 73.
- Michael Gbinije was, of course, the leading scorer for Syracuse. He finished with 21 points on 8-13, 2-5 shooting before fouling out. He also had 5 assists and 4 rebounds.
- Tyler Lydon was next with 16 points off the bench for the Orange. A really solid day for him.
- Roberson actually got going and contributed on the offensive end with 7 points, but he only pulled down 4 rebounds. SU got crushed on the boards 43 to 26.
- Malachi Richardson had 15 points, but he did it on 5-11, 2-8 shooting. Not good enough. He also had 4 turnovers, leading SU.
- What has happened to Trevor Cooney? He finished with 12 points but it was on 4-16, 2-10 shooting. Woof! And he missed the game tying 3 from dead on at the top of the arc. We all knew he wasn't going to do it once Gbinije fouled out.