0 Comments Published on 3.04.2016 by Brian Harrison
The team kept it close, but not enough to win.
Syracuse gave it a good effort. And SU would have benefited immensely from the stretch run victory over UNC. But it was not to be. Syracuse faded in the last minute again. UNC over SU 75 to 70.
- Michael Gbinije led the way with 17 points for Syracuse. He added 7 assists but also 7 turnovers.
- Trevor Cooney added 14 points, but it wasn't on a good shooting day. He was 3-11 and 2-7 from distance.
- Tyler Lydon added 12 points off the bench. He was 3-7 and 1-3 from the floor. He also had 6 rebounds.
- Malachi Richardson had 10 points on 3-9 1-4 shooting.
- Roberson, after much ado about Boeheim's comments, responded by pulling down 11 rebounds, leading SU.
- Syracuse had 4 players in double digit scoring. Normally that probably would have been enough against most ACC teams, but not a top 5 team in the country.
- Syracuse kept it close with UNC in terms of most stats, but they were outrbounded 40 to 34.
- Syracuse had it close (within 3), but a missed 2 by Gbinije and a UNC rebound put the game out of reach with under 10 seconds left.