0 Comments Published on 2.29.2016 by Brian Harrison
Roberson didn't do much, but he wasn't the reason SU lost.
The stage was set for SU to make a nice stretch run. Syracuse had fallen to Pitt early in the ACC season, and Jim Boeheim wasn't at the helm. Syracuse could have gotten another conference win. Instead they fall short in a game that SU fans have seen before. Syracuse was unable to score for stretches and allowed Pitt easy access inside. Syracuse fall to Pitt at home 66 to 52.
- Tyler Lydon was the hero, earning 21 points on 8-12, 4-8 shooting. He was brilliant and frankly the only reason Syracuse kept it as close as they did.
- Michael Gbinije added 10 points, and sadly he was the only one in double digits in scoring that started for the Orange.
- DeJuan Coleman led the team with 8 rebounds. Too bad that wasn't even close to being enough.
- Story of the game was Pitt destroyed SU on the boards 43 to 23. Pitt had 29 defensive rebounds and 14 offensive rebounds.
- Syracuse shot poorly as well. Richardson was 0-6 from 3 and Cooney was 1-7. Overall, Richardson was 1-10 and Cooney was 1-9. Other than the boards, there's your game right there.
- Roberson doesn't have to score to contribute on the floor. But in 25 minutes of play, he didn't score any points and only pulled down 4 rebounds. He did look a step behind. And I have no problem with how Boeheim responded on Roberson in his presser. The people that complained are either fairweather fans who wouldn't even care if SU won the game or were having a killer season, or don't actually follow the games and only heard about it because of the coverage it got.