0 Comments Published on 2.17.2016 by Brian Harrison
Tyler Lydon was the MVP for SU.
It's no secret that the BC Basketball team isn't great. It's even less of a secret that BC students and fans don't go to see BC Basketball play. So in front of about 6,000 Syracuse fans from far, but mostly near, Syracuse swept Boston College 75 to 61.
- Lydon finished with 20 points on 8-12, 2-4 shooting. He had a few slams, and obviously the two big 3 pointers in transition. And it seemed like the 20 points snuck up on this viewer. But it certainly mattered.
- Michael Gbinije added 17 points of his own on 5-8, 4-6 shooting. He also had 4 assists and 3 steals. He continues to be very consistent overall for the Orange.
- Malachi Richardson hasn't cooled off yet, earning 15 points. While not shooting well overall, only making 4-13, he was 3-7 from behind the line and 4-4 from the free throw line. It was a classic case of someone trying to do to much himself when BC took the lead early in the second half.
- Cooney disappeared in the first half of this one, but he made up for it with a few big shots and 12 points. He was 3-9, 2-5 shooting and 4-4 on free throws.
- Tyler Roberson had only 9 points but he had 6 rebounds, to tie Tyler Lydon.
- Syracuse only had 8 turnovers in the game, a vast improvement from the last few games.
- Congratulations to Matt Milon, the latest player to come out of nowhere and torch SU for a career high. He finished with 25 points for BC in the losing effort.
- BC Coach Jim Christian gave the excuse that BC lacks depth and that's why once BC took the lead they couldn't hold onto it. SU played with only 7, compared to BC's 8, and Milon came off the bench and wasn't a starter, much like Tyler Lydon. Draw your own conclusions as to the veracity of that excuse.
- Syracuse used a 20-4 run in the second half to put away Boston College. After that, the game was never in doubt and BC never came close in the final 10 minutes of the game.
- Syracuse overall shot 46.2% from the floor and 47.8% (11-23) from behind the arc. However, most impressive was SU going 16-18 (88.9%) from the free throw line.
- Boston College was outrebounded 31 to 25.
- Boston College has't won an ACC game this season.