Middle Tennessee State - Syracuse NCAA Tournament 2nd Round Postgame Reactions OR Another Dominating Tournament Win0 Comments Published on 3.25.2016 by Brian Harrison
Michael Gbinije took over the game and dominated.
Syracuse was supposed to lose. Despite the fact that MTSU was a 15 seed, Syracuse was just supposed to roll over and let the Cinderella train keep a rolling. Well Syracuse demolished MTSU, who shot lights out against Michigan State in their previous game. Syracuse earned a trip to the Sweet 16, beating MTSU 75 to 50.
- Michael Gbinije stepped up at the biggest time on the biggest state. He finished with 23 points on 10-14, 3-7 shooting. That means he didn't miss a 2 point FG attempt.
- Tyler Lydon was next with 14 off the bench. He finished 4-8 from the floor, and 6-10 from the free throw line. He also had 7 rebounds.
- Tyler Roberson again lead the rebounding for SU with 8, but he also had 12 points. A solid night.
- It was all Syracuse in the second half. Syracuse choked MTSU with their Zone Defense, holding MTSU to 29.7% from the floor in the game. MTSU was also 8-24 from 3.
- Syracuse shot the ball very well, finishing 55.1% from the floor and 8-20 on 3s.
- SU outrebounded MTSU 37-35, but because SU shot the ball so well, the close stats didn't matter much in the game.
- Both teams had 10 turnovers for the game.