There Used To Be Clocks Here

Akron Quick Predictions

Fear the mighty kangaroo "Zippy".
The Zips? Really? That is the nickname you’re going with. The Akron Zips? Alright. I have to be honest. I do not know that much about Akron. I know they are in the MAC. I know the only time they have gone to a bowl game was in 2005 and they lost. Their 2007 record was 4-8. Hey, Syracuse is actually favored in this game. So where does this leave us?

I think everyone realizes (and by everyone I mean the staff of the Syracuse Football Team), that we need to improve on offense to even beat Akron, and Andrew Robinson realizes he needs to shake off the Northwestern game and actually play like we all know he can.

Time to predict how we will do this weekend though. My guess (at this point it might as well be a guess) is that Syracuse will want to get the bitter taste of an opening loss out of their mouths. No better place to do it than with an inferior opponent at home. Akron will keep it close the first half, but even with the team conditioning being suspect at best, Syracuse will outlast Akron to win by only ten. But a victory is a victory. And for this team, they will take whatever they can get. I’ll be out of the home office until Sunday, but expect a full recap either then or Monday. Have a good weekend. Also look for my special four part series on Ernie Davis everyday next week. It will be a nice precursor to The Express premier in Syracuse on Friday before the Penn State game. Until then take care and try not to eat a gun if things go south on Saturday.

Labels:

2 Responses to “Akron Quick Predictions”

  1. # Blogger MariusJanulisForThree

    You're gonna pick SU to win every game, aren't you? You must be killer against the spread...  

  2. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    I want to, but I'm not crazy. You gotta play the favorites. There isn't a chance in hell I'm picking SU over PSU.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea