There Used To Be Clocks Here

They're Dancing In Syracuse!

Five Words: They Played The Hey Song.
Syracuse beat #10/9 Georgetown in front of an excited crowd in the Dome on a very Big Monday, probably locking up an NCAA Tournament Bid. I'll have complete coverage tomorrow evening, along with a glance back at Providence. For now, enjoy this picture of the revelry and celebrate with someone you know. Or call up a Georgetown Alumni you know and one ring their sorry ass.

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “They're Dancing In Syracuse!”

  1. # Blogger T.

    As always great to see the Dirt Hoyas go down. However, I don't like that the students storm the court, and I am a student...  

  2. # Blogger MariusJanulisForThree

    I think it was 97 or 98, we played G'town the last game of the year. It went to OT and even though Gtown was necessarily great, we stormed the court. My roommate and I had a full-fledged debate after the fact on whether or not this was acceptable and we came to the conclusion that: As a Syracuse fan watching at home, this was unacceptable, but as a student and fan...what the hell...we didn't get too many opportunities to do it so why not.

    As long as its a few-and-far-between thing and it truly is a huge win, I'll let it slide.  

  3. # Blogger voteprime

    I got a message from my friend who is a Pitt fan, calling the kids classless for storming the court. I don't know. As you said, as long as it's few and far between.

    And this really was a big win, probably getting us into the tournament and on senior day. I think the circumstances added up. It was less, "Holy crap, we won!" (which is what most "acceptable" court stormings are) and more just, "Yes! YES! Sweet relief, yes!"  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea