There Used To Be Clocks Here

Booze + Angry = Suspension

If you see this guy walk the other way.
ESPN.com reports Syracuse sophomore and lacrosse team member Sean McGonigle has been charged with misdemeanor assault after punching another student in the face several times after boozin at a party. The Post-Standard story, which has more details can be found here.

I don't know what to make of this. The guy was probably drunk and clearly he's Irish so he wanted to fight (I'm Irish, I can make the joke). Punching a guy so he has facial fractures is a bit much though.

This should have little to no impact on the team as McGonigle isn't a starter and did not see any action against Hobart. He is suspended indefinitely from the team but will still be allowed to practice. Meanwhile the Syracuse court system will sort it out legally. Let's just hope this doesn't become a habit with the team. We don't want to look like UConn now do we?

Labels: ,

7 Responses to “Booze + Angry = Suspension”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Misdemeanor assault? This guy should hire me to represent him. I'm undefeated in misdemeanor assault trials!

    John Brennan
    Getting you "not guilty" verdicts in 13 minutes of jury deliberation, or your money back  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    ESPN.com reports Syracuse sophomore and lacrosse team member Sean McGonigle has been charged with misdemeanor assault after pinching another student

    I assume he punched the other student. Nice typo.  

  3. # Blogger MariusJanulisForThree

    Who's to say it WASN'T pinching? Anyone who has ever been a victim of a grandpa pinch attack knows the mental anguish that sticks with you for years...  

  4. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    That's what I get for typing this up on my lunch break. Thanks Anonymous.  

  5. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    Oh and John, you might want to retire now being that you are 1 and 0 and a Constitutional Scholar.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I feel that too many people need my help, so I will not retire yet.

    And BTW, I was not the anonymous poster above. Any time I'm gonna point out a typo of yours, you know I'm gonna take credit for it. That's my style.  

  7. # Blogger Brian Harrison

    Oh don't worry my friend. I'm well aware.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea