0 Comments Published on 2.02.2016 by Brian Harrison
Syracuse was finally able to hold on and finish the game with a win.
Syracuse has struggled in the early half of the schedule to finish out games. Syracuse should have beaten Clemson earlier, but were unable to hold in in regulation and ended up losing in overtime. This time however, SU was able to keep the lead and win as regulation expired. SU was the winner over Georgia Tech 60 to 57.
- Michael Gbinije was the leading scorer for the Orange with a game high 16 points. He was 5-10, 2-5 from the floor and 4-5 from the free throw line. He also added 3 assists and 3 steals.
- Malachi Richardson started out slow, but he finished with 13 points on 4-10, 1-4 shooting. He also added 4-8 from the free throw line and 7 rebounds. He made a clutch free throw to get the lead to three points, but he could have iced the game if he made one more.
- DeJuan Coleman had another pretty good game, making a few post moves and banking the ball in off the glass. He was 4-5 from the floor.
- Tyler Roberson didn't have the best offensive game, but he did pick up an SU high eight rebounds.
- The officiating in this game was maybe the worst SU has seen this season. At the very least, it was the worst officiating in the Dome this year. Unfortunate.
- SU was outrebounded in this game 40-35.
- Georgia Tech was 5-18 from the floor, while SU was 6-18.