0 Comments Published on 2.28.2015 by Brian Harrison
This is calmer than I would have been at that 5th Christmas foul.
Well I didn't think they would do it. After beating #12 but then losing to Pittsburgh at home I didn't think that Syracuse could go on the road and beat #9 Notre Dame. But they did. Trevor Cooney hit some unbelievable shots, and BJ Johnson came off the bench and had a day! Syracuse beat the Irish 65 to 60.
- BJ Johnson led all scorers with 19 points on 7-13, 2-6 shooting. He was also 3-3 from the free throw line. Easily his best game of the season and he single-handedly outscored the one player from ND that scored off the bench 19-16.
- Trevor Cooney didn't have the best night, going 5-11, 1-6, but the shots he hit down the stretch were astounding and clutch and kept Syracuse in the game and allowed them to win it. He finished with 11 points.
- Rakeem Christmas didn't have the best game, but he did have a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- Michael Gbinije also didn't have the best game, but he did add 12 points, five rebounds, and six steals.
- Ron Patterson earned six points, but had some really dumb plays. Pretty typical Patterson outing.
- Mike Brey just has no idea how to beat a 2-3 Zone other than shoot over it. And normally ND is great at that, leading the ACC. but they were 3-22 (13.6%) which I have to imagine was a season low.
- The 5th foul on Christmas was ridiculous. Enough said.