0 Comments Published on 2.18.2015 by Brian Harrison
It was close, but it came up short.
It was a good college try. Despite the massive home court advantage of a record-tying crowd, it was the Blue Devils that came away with the victory and preserved their top 5 ranking. SU was ahead at the half, but by the end Duke won 80 to 72.
- Michael Gbinije continues to be a a hero when Rakeem Christmas is being doubled almost every possession. He had 27 points on 10-14, 5-8 shooting. He also had six rebounds and four assists.
- Tyler Roberson also had a solid day. He had 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- Rakeem Christmas had an alright day, earning 11 points six rebounds, five assists, and five blocks.
- Both Kaleb Joseph and Trevor Cooney had alright days. Cooney had 11 points and Joseph had four, on a combined 6-21, 3-13 day. That did not help.
- Zero bench points. Moving on.
- Syracuse actually shot the ball well overall (43.3%), but Duke was better, and they crushed the free throws 19-22 versus 6-13. Syracuse was also outrebounded 42-32.