There Used To Be Clocks Here

Nice to see the kids having fun out there.
DePaul was easily the beat game Syracuse has played as a total team so far this year. Six players saw double figures in a superb shooting effort from the team. Syracuse ended up winning this one big 85 to 68.

Andy Rautins was the key to this game again, as he went 5-10 from long range and ended up with 17 points overall in 32 minutes on the floor. Andy found a way to get open, and even when he was not open, he still managed to put the ball in the circle. Andy may be one of the best shooters in the Big East, and certainly has asserted himself as the best pure shooter on the team.

Every starter attained double figures in scoring, with Harris and Onuaku earning 14 points, Flynn with 12, and Jackson with 11. Eric Devendorf was the sixth player, earning 13 off the bench. All the shooters looked good in this game.

This game saw the walk ons coming in fairly early in the second half, but none of this is why you’re reading this. You want to know the story. And this game was such a victory and happened a week ago, I’m surprised you didn’t skip right to here.

I’m referring to Axeman’s report that I feel running the flags during the Under 4 timeout in the second half. It’s true. I took a dive right before I was going to hand off the flag to the cheerleader. As you can see from the picture below I am capable of running the flags. I used to run the big flag every game for two years between 2003-2005, as well as several times before that. The key difference between then and last Wednesday (besides a few years) was the fact that, as you notice in the picture, I had sneakers on and it was the old track floor, where as the other day I had winter boots on and there are now blue tiles down to protect the field turf. My inch soled boots slipped between the tiles and I had no where to go but down. Eh what are you going to do. I got right up, got a hug from Otto and some high fives, and that is that.

Now, I am not one to tell people what to say on the internet. I’ll leave that up to Donnie Webb. But for the record, I do not believe there is a video, I am not a girl, the guy in front of me was taller than me so if we take the same steps he’s going to go farther, and for what it is worth I was still a pretty good player. I had fun, escaped with a few scrapes, and that is about it.

The team looked great, but the team needed to because a loss at this point in the season would be detrimental to the team because of the murderer’s row starting with Georgetown. Hopefully the team will do well, and continue to kill in the conference.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “DePaul - Syracuse Postgame Reactions OR This Team Is Pretty Good”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Karma is a bitch my man. I'm sure the next time something bad happens to me, you will be right there to report on it as well.

    Glad to see you are alright and I think they should give you a chance to do it again and do it right!

    Oh, and bring your sneakers this time.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea