There Used To Be Clocks Here

Georgia Tech Quick Predictions

I hate that freaking insect.
At the half way point, Syracuse needs just three games to become Bowl Eligible. The remaining schedule has some tough games, but others don't seem to be as tough. Georgia Tech seems one of those in between games.
I personally hate Georgia Tech. The very first football game I attended as a Syracuse student was against Georgia Tech in then Giants Stadium in the Kickoff Classic in 2001. We lost. Then my last game as a student was the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando in 2004. We got smoked. Coach P got fired, but it still sucked to have my college career bookended by two losses to the same team, one that we didn't even play regularly. That being said, Georgia Tech is an interesting team. Similarly situated at 3-3 (2-2), Georgia Tech started the year hot winning three, but then dropped the last three, including a bad loss to BYU out in Utah. They are an intriguing team in that they run the old triple option. Their run game is their strength. And it can be tricky to defend. However, Syracuse's strength, by far, on the defensive side is stopping the run. Georgia Tech, if they want to be truly successful on Saturday, will have to throw the ball. Similarly, Syracuse as well. Both teams feature a run heavy offense and the difference in the game will be which team passes better. Terrel Hunt is still waiting to have a breakout game against a BCS team. Doing damage against Wagner and Tulane at home isn't bad, but he hasn't proven himself against a tougher opponent. Two picks against NC State last weekend didn't help the cause. But I think he will have a bounce back game. I picked Syracuse to lose this game in our season preview, however I am reversing my decision here. I think Hunt has a decent game and Syracuse's runningbacks do just enough to put Syracuse in a position to win. But what really wins us the game will be the defense. The big guys up front have been good the last few games and I look for that to continue. I'm picking Syracuse to win a close one in Atlanta. Syracuse 27 GTech 17.
This game will be available regionally on the ACC Network at 12:30pm. You can check out if your local station will carry the game here. For those away from the east coast can get this game nationally on ESPN 3. To check and make sure you aren't blacked out, check ESPN here. John has arrived in Atlanta after winning tickets to the game and first class airfare so he'll be checking in live from another game. I'll be out of the home office in another state so I won't be with you watching the game live. But check back here as always for proper postgame coverage in hopefully a nice win for the Orange. And for my undergrad self.

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “Georgia Tech Quick Predictions”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea