There Used To Be Clocks Here

South Florida Quick Predictions

A little throwback good fortune goes a long way.
Syracuse is coming off their best game of the season on a Friday. No surprise there. Syracuse loves Friday. Add in the fact that they were playing a not so great UConn team, and you had the recipe for a blowout. However, now Syracuse travels to USF to take on the Bulls hungry for their first conference win.
Syracuse is no doubt clicking on offense finally. It seems as though Syracuse has fixed their red zone woes somewhat. And they beat a pretty good defense in Connecticut last weekend. BJ Daniels, who has apparently been the QB for USF for about eight years, looks to be the Orange in Tampa after failing to do so in 2010. Once again, on another Homecoming night, Syracuse looks to spoil the South Florida faithful's evening. The defense for Syracuse is capable. The offense for Syracuse is capable. Honestly these teams are pretty even, but the question remains as to who will turn the ball over more? If BJ Daniels gets pressured, which he should be, he is pick prone. Conversely, Syracuse will be able to take some shots down the field. If Nassib can connect on some long pass plays, Syracuse should be golden. I actually like Syracuse's chances in this game. I know, it sounds weird to say for me too. I'm picking the Orange in the nice Tampa weather, 24 to 13.
This game will be at 7:00pm tonight EST, available locally in New York on TWCS, SNY, and on ESPN 3 elsewhere. I'm out of the home office, so that means you'll probably have to go without my snark. Sorry about that. But John will be in full effect. Enjoy yourselves and have a great evening.

Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “South Florida Quick Predictions”

  1. # Blogger John Brennan

    I like Syracuse in this one too.

    I'll give this game my undivided attention from 7-8pm, then my main attention turns to the World Series (GO SFGIANTS!), though I'll have two TVs going. Most of my tweets from that point on will likely be baseball though.  

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea