There Used To Be Clocks Here

Orange::44's Bowl Pick'em Results

Those oranges are actually plastic, I wouldn't try to eat them
As advertised here on Orange::44, we held a College Bowl Pick'em game over at yahoo.com for our loyal readers.  The rules were simple: register a slate of picks, rank your confidence on each pick, and sit back & wait.  The winner was promised a shout-out here on the blog, to be internet-famous for a hot minute.
SHOUT OUT!
To our winner, JasonL!  He was our winner, having correctly picked the winner in 28 out of 35 bowl games, finishing with a final points total of 529.
How does one win points?  Confidence rankings.  As there were 35 bowl games, there was a score 1-35 assigned for each game, based on how confident you were that the team you picked would beat the other team.  For example, my most confident pick was Boise State in the MAACO bowl to beat Arizona State.  I was correct, so that pick earned me 35 points.  My least confident pick was the New Orleans Bowl, where Louisiana Lafayette inched away with a 32-30 win over San Diego State.  My correct pick earned me one whole point there.  So basically, it was much more than just picking winners; you had to pick winners AND earn the most confidence points.  Good stuff.
Thank you to all 16 people who participated.  One other entry also correctly picked 28-35, but fell 28 points short of the title.
Other entries of note: Brian was 24-35 for 440 points -- good enough for 5th place overall.  I had it a bit worse, only going 20-35 for 403 points, a modest 10th place finish.  I had a lot of disappointments, including LSU crapping out on me. Oh well.  I hope fun was had by all!

0 Responses to “Orange::44's Bowl Pick'em Results”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea