Sometimes we get frustrated too John.
Another double dip week for Syracuse Lacrosse as Syracuse travels to another neutral site game and then returned to the Carrier Dome to take on old, old rival Hobart for the Kraus-Simmons Trophy. Two more games, and this time Syracuse fared far better in a Tuesday night affair in the Carrier Dome.
But we first turn to Foxboro, where Syracuse has fared very well in recent history, including four wins, two for the National Championship. And Syracuse was taking on not the most talented team in the Big East in Providence. However, Tim Desko was out and John Lade was also sidelined. So this could have ended up tragic. Providence got on the board first in a back and forth first quarter. But with 5:07 remaining in the first, that would be the last time Providence found the back of the net. Syracuse then went on an 11 goal scoring run adding one goal in the second and third quarters, before ripping the game open in the fourth. Syracuse would go on to win 13-3. The complete box score is here. Some quick points:
- Syracuse outshot Providence massively 40-12.
- Syracuse also owned groundballs 34-15.
- Surprisingly, or unsurprisingly because it was against Providence, Syracuse owned the X winning 1620 faceoffs.
- Syracuse continued not to allow any extra man goals.
- Syracuse again dominated shots 45-21 and would have done so even bigger were it not for the fourth quarter.
- Syracuse again did well with groundballs, earning ten more than Hobart 34-24.
- The Orange were 50/50 at the faceoff X earning 12-24.
- Syracuse finally let an extra man goal by after three games of not doing so. Still, Hobart was only 1-3 on EMO and Syracuse was 3-5.
- Syracuse capitalized on a sloppy game from Hobart. They had 30 turnovers to Syracuse's 13.