There Used To Be Clocks Here

Of The Bells, Bells, Bells




Final Four moves from Foxboro to Baltimore, but Syracuse remains constant.

First off, if you don't understand the title of this post, please do some research into Baltimore or Edgar Allan Poe.

Secondly, I figured that since a few days ago Brian posted his 2010 NCAA Lacrosse bracket, I would do the same. For those of you who haven't yet entered the bracket challenge, be sure to head on over to HoyaSuxa for the details. Do that before you read my picks. No cheating.

Unfortunately, I went with a lot of chalk this year. In fact, my only first-round upset is Notre Dame over Princeton. Why? Just a gut feeling. I think ND might be playing its best ball right now, though still underperforming. Not to take anything away from Princeton though, because they're also looking good. I just know that P'ton can be vulnerable, and I think the Irish catch them in that position this weekend.

Onto the second round, I like Duke over North Carolina in a 5-4 "upset" match. Again, just a gut feeling more than anything. Plus I feel UNC has been a bit overrated all season, despite the numbers to back it up. Who knows, I could be wrong. Who cares?

I'm choosing Syracuse to run through this tournament and win revenge from its only loss in 2010 in the title game victory over Virginia. If I'm wrong anywhere else in this bracket, I think it's in the national semi-final for Virginia losing to whomever (Duke maybe?). It would be nice to not have to face Virginia in the title game two years in a row when the brackets would have called for it otherwise.

Check out my full bracket below, and as always, check back to Orange::44 for updates during the tournament, and some live reporting from the sites.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Of The Bells, Bells, Bells”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea