There Used To Be Clocks Here

Northwestern Quick Predictions

Why do we keep playing teams with cats as mascots?
While this game has very little implications on the season it is important. It is important because this is a game Syracuse can win in front of a decent home crowd. Sadly I just think we will have to wait another week for Doug Marrone’s first win.

Northwestern is a team that is a team that likes to run the ball to open up the passing game. This strategy should not work as well against Syracuse that by all accounts does in fact have a stingy running defense, started up front by Arthur Jones. Syracuse will find early success in the first half, and the key to this game will be second half adjustments on behalf of the Syracuse coaching staff. As we all know, teams that have any sort of passing attack can find success against Syracuse if they fail to adjust, so implementing different defenses will have to be employed if Northwestern is in a passing grove. Sadly Northwestern is averaging 414 total yards, while Syracuse is only averaging 228.5 yards. This game will be a close one at home against a struggling Northwestern team, but I just feel like we will lose another close one at home. I believe this game will go much like the Minnesota game, with early successes on both sides of the ball, but eventually Northwestern will wear down the Syracuse defense and will outscore them. Northwestern over the ‘Cuse 26 to 20.

I will be off the grid this weekend, as I will be attending an engagement party of two good friends and loyal Syracuse alums. Therefore, although this game will be recorded on my DVR, I will not be seeing it live like most of the country. Sadly this also means no live tweets from the Carrier Dome from me. You can however tune into trusty Orange::44 correspondent John Brennan’s tweets (@jbren) as he will be live in the Dome. I’ll be back Monday with my report card, and hopefully the blog will still be working upon my return. Finally, enjoy the last Orange44 Is An Absolute Magician right here at Nunes/Magician. Enjoy the game and your weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Northwestern Quick Predictions”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea