There Used To Be Clocks Here

University of Connecticut Quick Predictions

Yeah their new logo sucks. I'm not using it.
Here we are. It isn't quite the Super Bowl, or even a college Bowl Game, but it's the game on the schedule this season that gets the people (and by people, I mean me) going. With no VTech or West Virginia on the schedule, and Pittsburgh and Boston College with their usual level of hate coming, UConn is the team that I really get up for. While Georgetown is still supreme for me during basketball, this season UConn for football is still big. Perhaps it was the time I was in college and UConn jumped to the Big East. Maybe it's the fact I used to work in Hartford. Maybe it's a lot of reasons (it is). But I hate UConn the most. So we've had a sustained campaign of hate on Twitter this week. And it's culminating in an actual game. Can Syracuse do what everyone expects them to do, and stay undefeated?
Yes. The short answer is yes. No drama or suspense needed. UConn is allowing an average of 673 yards per game. That would be 129th out of 129 in the nation among FBS schools. They allow an average of over nine yards per play to their opponents. They also allow the country's worst in points allowed at 55.7. And while you may be saying that it's only been three games and two of them were against ranked opponents. That's true. But then that third opponent was an FCS school, URI. That they only beat by seven points. At home. Eric Dungey is going to be starting again this week after the chunks of dirty tire were removed from his eye. And after the FSU game I'm a hell of a lot more confident if he goes down again. I don't want him to, but if he does it seems to be clear that Tommy DeVito is capable to come in and play well on offense after a disastrous first game against Western Michigan. Either way, Syracuse, and specifically Dungey, should have their way with UConn. The defense will surely give up a few big plays, but really it shouldn't matter in this one. UConn isn't going to score on every drive, and it is a very real possibility that Syracuse could. Syracuse will look to get up big early again, and I assume coast with DeVito in, saving them both for the big showdown against Clemson. I think Syracuse is focused, and no trap game will be forthcoming, providing Huskey fans with a reason to not drink some bleach. There won't be. Get the Clorox ready. Syracuse rolls big in the (moderately warm, but not insanely hot) Dome, 59 to 17.
This game is available nationwide on ESPNews / WatchESPN at 4:00pm. I'll be tailgating all day, and then heading to the Dome with my good friend John Brennan. We'll be on the Tweets here and there all day I'm sure. If you see us, say hi. If you see John napping in the trough in the bathroom please let me know. Remember kids, it's "UConn", not "UCONN". As always, UConn... U SUCK and GO ORANGE!

Labels: , , ,

0 Responses to “University of Connecticut Quick Predictions”

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea