0 Comments Published on 1.13.2015 by Brian Harrison
Boeheim had the same look I did with that 4th Christmas foul.
Trevor Cooney was absolutely on fire. And Christmas continued to do what he does best. Syracuse earned a convincing win in the ACC to stay one of the two unbeaten teams in the league. However it was costly, as Chris McCullough went down with a torn ACL and he is done for the season. Syracsue put away Florida State though, 70 to 57.
- Cooney had a season and game high 28 points on 9-16 shooting overall and 7-11 from behind the arc. He was also 3-4 on free throws and added 3 steals. He was outstanding. This is the Trevor Cooney we've waited on for a while.
- Rakeem Christmas had another double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. He also had five blocks.
- Michael Gbinije didn't have the game Cooney had, but he added a respectable 11 points, nine rebounds. and five assists. Another solid day for Silent G.
- Chris McCullough, it has been found out, has torn his ACL and is done for the year. While he wasn't a real loss in terms of offense, he was a big body that drew defenders and was a body.
- Syracuse led in all statistical categories, except overall FG%. The highlights were 10-17 (58.8%) from beyond the arc, and only eight turnovers.