0 Comments Published on 12.22.2014 by Brian Harrison
Sad GMac is the worst GMac.
And just like that, Syracuse lost. Syracuse played their best game of the year, and was by far the better team for most of the game, but they ended up on the losing end. In probably the most frustrating game to watch since March 24, 2012 against Ohio State in terms of officiating, Syracuse ended up losing to #7 Villanova in Overtime 82-77.
- Kaleb Joseph played his best game at point guard. He ended his day with only 4 turnovers and ten assists, also adding ten points for his first career double-double.
- Both Michael Gbinije and Rakeem Christmas each had 18 points in the game, leading the Orange. Gbinije also led the Orange in rebounding with 8.
- Trevor Cooney busted out of his shooting slump, hitting a few huge shots. He was 4-12 overall and 3-5 from behind the arc. He was also 6-7 from the charity stripe. Cooney finished with 17 points.
- Tyler Roberson had an excellent day off the bench, going 5-5 from the floor, earning 11 points.
- Syracuse shot 49.2% (30-61) from the floor and 33.3% (4-12) from behind the arc.
- Syracuse blew a 5 point lead in 17 seconds to allow Villanova to go to overtime, of which they won.
- The officiating was dreadful in this game, for both teams, but mostly Syracuse. I've said my peace on Twitter about this, but needless to say I thought it was the worst officiated game I've seen since the aforementioned game above.