0 Comments Published on 12.13.2011 by Brian Harrison
You've earned that smile Dion.
After taking on a Marshall team, and only winning by four points, George Washington made their way into town. Syracuse's defense has been solid, but their offense sputtered out at the end of the game against Marshall. That never happened on Saturday against GW.
Syracuse started the game on a 7-0 run and never looked back. They were never in danger of losing this game one bit. Their largest lead of the game was the winning margin. Leading by 20 points at the half up 45-25, they expanded their lead, continuing their good defense and shooting the ball well. They ended up the winner 85 to 50.
- Dion Waiters was the leading scorer in the game with 19 points. He went 8-11 and had five rebounds, four assists, and six steals.
- The leading rebounder was Kris Joseph with eight rebounds. He also led the starters with nine points.
- Michael Carter- Williams led the team in assists with 8. He also had five points in 18 minutes of play.
- Fab Melo again led the team in blocks with three.
- Syracuse had eight turnovers as a team. It's always good when Syracuse has less than ten turnovers. They forced 18.
- Syracuse did not lead in rebounding, but that's mostly because they allowed a lot of offensive rebounding for GW. Syracuse had 34 to GW's 39.
- Syracuse shot the ball very well, hitting 50% of their shots overall and 26.7 from behind the arc (4-15). Something fantastic was Syracuse making 17-19 from the free throw line (89.5%) GW hit 30.6%, 16.7%, and 56.3% respectively.