There Used To Be Clocks Here

Happy Fucking Birthday

On March 12, 2005, I started this little Internet rag. The initial posting was forgettable and genius at the same time:

There's Only One Thing Left To Do... Strut!

Coming into Thursday, who would have thought that SU would hold 20-point advantages in each contest?

Just a super effort.

Now, if the lacrosse team can manhandle Georgetown out in California tonight, the cherry on the sundae will officially be laid.

... And Greg Rommel, the "Orange Fox", stormed the Southern California sand to deliver lacrosse liberty to the west coast masses....

Syracuse would go on to lose that lacrosse game to Georgetown. A mere six days later -- a day that would assume the moniker of "Black Friday" -- Syracuse would head out to Worcester, Massachusetts and take a Sorrentine right to the beanbag.

So, for the record: Six days of blogging; two horrendous Syracuse defeats.

Everything was coming up famous.

I'd like to say that things in the Orange Empire improved as this notebook trotted along, but that would be fairy tale fabrication. From the moment this blog assumed operation, Syracuse athletics went directly into the dumper. To wit:

  1. The Syracuse-Vermont fiasco.
  2. The hiring of Greg Robinson.
  3. The tenure of Greg Robinson.
  4. Gerry McNamara's traitorous groin.
  5. The lacrosse team failing to make its first Final Four in 22 years.
  6. And on, and on, and on . . . .

You're welcome, I guess. Now you know who has ruined your life for the last five years. Again, no need to thank me; the pleasure was all mine.

Anyway, I wrote Orange::44 for about a year and a half, and then took Brian aboard because I was studying for the bar exam. One thing lead to another and I started writing for Fanhouse, which ended in epic failure as A) I never gave a shit what I wrote about; and B) How could I believe in a platform that I didn't even want to read?

And, despite my blatant neglect toward it, Orange::44 persevered. There is something to be said about things that are "firsts": They are fucking impossible to kill. Even though I can neither confirm or deny that Orange::44 was the "first" anything, I claimed that it was the first fully-developed Syracuse blog and therefore it became bullet fucking proof.

And then I literally tried to kill it. I was sick of this blog. I even went as far as to tell Brian that I was shutting this thing down because I didn't want to write it anymore. He still wanted to write it (each man has his own vices, I suppose), so I passed the torch to him and I went on to write the most horrible piece of rubbish on the Internet.

Everybody wins, I guess. Except Georgetown. The Hoyas lose mightily.

And so we've come full circle. Syracuse will play Vermont on Friday -- another Friday game against the Catamounts?!? -- and I'll write something stupid on the Internet. I won't write it here, but it will be written somewhere.

And something will be written here, but I won't write it. That should be good enough; if it isn't, then I wish you a thousand dinosaur ass rapings.

- The Syracuse Blogfather (A.K.A, "The Glaude," "Hoya Suxa," et al.)

1 Responses to “Happy Fucking Birthday”

  1. # Blogger CloudLearn ERP

    It's truly an honor to run across informational content like this. You are clearly knowledgeable on this topic and you have unique views to share.
    Data Science training in Mumbai
    Data Science course in Mumbai
    SAP training in Mumbai

     

Post a Comment

Search

Text-Based Diarrehea